Saturday, December 06, 2008

Sign of the day

You may not know this about me, but I like American Sign Language. It fascinates me, the culture intrigues me, and I think every American could benefit from learning about it, if not learning how to speaking some of the language themselves. Also, because I like to play with my scanner, I feel like scanning some from my ASL Dictionary and sharing. The word or phrase I choose will probably have something to do with my mood at the time, or something just plain random, we'll see.

Anyway, here's todays sign of the day.


Looking at the quality of the scan I'm thinking I need to find a better way to do this, one idea I have is that I could take a video of myself using the sign, but I'm very self-conscious about my signing ability, I'd hate to embarrass myself.

UPDATE: In my haste to finish up this post and get on the road I neglected to give proper attribution to my source. The dictionary entry is from The Random House Webster's American Sign Language Dictionary: Compact Edition by Elaine Costello.

1 comment:

Mrs. Henderson said...

I love this sign! It is has a special beauty.