Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What I learned this semester

After spending two years away from the world of academia I made my much anticipated return to college life at a new University in a new state. It's been an interesting semester, so in order to celebrate it's ending (finally), I'm going to jot down a few things I learned since August.
  • Refereeing a flag football game is more difficult than most people would think
  • Frat games are definitely the worst to officiate.
  • Cutco knives are very sharp. I almost lost the tip of a finger to one
  • Kneffel is filling
  • Deep-fried pecan pie is delicious.
  • A deep-fried Snickers bar isn't worth the money.
  • Wood Hall is the red-headed stepchild of the NCSU Residence Halls. On the edge of campus, no convenient bus routes to North Campus, basically an afterthought.
  • Getting drunk at 10 a.m. isn't as much fun as it sounds

No comments: